Saturday, December 11, 2010


I did these letters for a challenge weekend at CC. Yes, i know it was awhile ago. I'm a lazy blogger, so sue me! Anyways i got some close ups of each letter and i'll tell you a little about what i used.

Ok so all the papers were from Archivers stock, except the green. The green i found at Marshalls or TJ Maxx several years ago. It was a huge stack of shrink wrapped identical paper. Looked to be about 20-25 sheets. Not sure because i never counted them. So needless to say i have a ton of it! Hehe, sometimes it pays to be cheap and a bargain shopper. Oh yeah the green is called Beach Ball by WeRMemoryKeepers.

There are sparkly little spiders (spook alley brads) which i used on the bows. They are kinda hard to see because i couldn't get that close with my flash and little point and shoot. This is why i need a digital SLR dammit! Ones sparkly orange and ones sparkly purple. They are in the middle of the tulle (in case your wondering) The tulle came from my daughter, who ripped it out of her skirt. I scavenged it out of the garbage, thinking i could use it someday for a project. This is where i give a shout out to my fellow trash recyclers! whoo hoo for us junk hoarders! Totally came in handy for this project.

The bats,ghosts,spider webs & spider,boots, and witch hat are rub ons from Imaginisce. I added a little stickles to the ghosts to make them shimmer. First time i'd used stickles also. I'd read someone's posting about wonderful stickles are and how much she loved using them. Honestly they just remind me of glitter glue, just easier to use. Not sure i will use it all that much though.

This was great cause i learned alot. Like don't use to much modge podge! and don't touch when drying. I really enjoyed making these and had the stuff laying around forever. Probably still would be laying around if i hadn't made them for the challenge. So maybe i need to do more challenges huh? I did go out and buy some letters to make as Christmas presents because they were fairly easy to make and look pretty dang good. If your thinking of making some altered letters, i say go for it! I found tons of articles online and you can always send me a message if you have any questions.

Well thats it for tonight. Over and out.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Lots o' pumpkins

One of my favorite haunts for scrapbooking supplies is I love lurking and checking out everyones projects. One of the the ladies on CC posted pitures of these cute pumpkins she had made. So of course i had to check out the link she posted on how to make them. It look fairly simple, so i figured i'd give it a shot. She used a cut branch for the stem and curly wire. I of course didn't have either of those things so i improvished and made the stem out of paper and the curly vine out of paper as well. Anyways they came out very cute and i ended up making four or five of em, because i just couldn't stop lol. They're quick,and easy so that makes them addicting to make!

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Name Tag Projects at work

So i stumbled onto this project for my peeps at work. Didn't really start out as a project, but its ended up as one. It all began with me finding these cute little monkey stickers at Jo-Ann's. Knowing that one of my co-workers is a monkey fanatic i bought em. I mean what the hell they were on sale, so why not?

When i got home i was looking at them thinking what the hell, lets make her a little something with them. So i decided to use this sizzix die i'd just gotten. The sizzix, jim holtz ornamental die. Then i had some left over quickutz dragonfly letters i'd used from my one scapbook page and i used them to put her name on it. Put the stickers on and wha-la. I thought it was cute. Of course once i took it in for her and she stuck it on her computer screen. Now everyone wants one and they're even giving me suggestions about what to use for theirs! So far i've gotten one more made. I actually took pictures of this one to post too! And i had to bring Loyda's monkey one back, it seems everyones been playing with it and the stickers are falling off. (Now i know why the monkey stickers were on sale)So now that i have that one back and fix it up a bit i'll get a pic of it also.

So for the one i'm posting today: Obviously i used stickers for her name. Sizzix die cuts for flowers and ladybugs and i was so excited to use my big bite for the first time and figure out how to use it for the grommets. I actually had to go back to Jo-Ann's and get some ribbon. First ribbon ever used in my scrapping adventures as well. So i was kinda excited doing this one. It turned out so well when i used ink on the flowers. they were a tan paper from creative memories i'd gotten awhile ago and i used this pink ink i had then i thought i'd test out this opaque pink marker on the back of the one. Until i figured out the paper was so thin you could see thru it. So i just did it to the rest of em too. I'm learning that sometimes you just gotta role with the mistakes and figure out how to incorporate them into your project. So if you notice a little swirl in the middle its from my test that i ended up using on the rest of them. It worked so what the hell. ttfn.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

First Post

So first post. Thought i'd try loading one of my images on here of a page i did. Keep in mind i'm not a "Master Scrapper" like some of you. But i would like to hear your critiques. Tell me what you think, what i could do better, ect.. Look forward to hearing from yins all.