Saturday, September 11, 2010
Name Tag Projects at work
So i stumbled onto this project for my peeps at work. Didn't really start out as a project, but its ended up as one. It all began with me finding these cute little monkey stickers at Jo-Ann's. Knowing that one of my co-workers is a monkey fanatic i bought em. I mean what the hell they were on sale, so why not?
When i got home i was looking at them thinking what the hell, lets make her a little something with them. So i decided to use this sizzix die i'd just gotten. The sizzix, jim holtz ornamental die. Then i had some left over quickutz dragonfly letters i'd used from my one scapbook page and i used them to put her name on it. Put the stickers on and wha-la. I thought it was cute. Of course once i took it in for her and she stuck it on her computer screen. Now everyone wants one and they're even giving me suggestions about what to use for theirs! So far i've gotten one more made. I actually took pictures of this one to post too! And i had to bring Loyda's monkey one back, it seems everyones been playing with it and the stickers are falling off. (Now i know why the monkey stickers were on sale)So now that i have that one back and fix it up a bit i'll get a pic of it also.
So for the one i'm posting today: Obviously i used stickers for her name. Sizzix die cuts for flowers and ladybugs and i was so excited to use my big bite for the first time and figure out how to use it for the grommets. I actually had to go back to Jo-Ann's and get some ribbon. First ribbon ever used in my scrapping adventures as well. So i was kinda excited doing this one. It turned out so well when i used ink on the flowers. they were a tan paper from creative memories i'd gotten awhile ago and i used this pink ink i had then i thought i'd test out this opaque pink marker on the back of the one. Until i figured out the paper was so thin you could see thru it. So i just did it to the rest of em too. I'm learning that sometimes you just gotta role with the mistakes and figure out how to incorporate them into your project. So if you notice a little swirl in the middle its from my test that i ended up using on the rest of them. It worked so what the hell. ttfn.